Welcome to the Arizona Backcountry Explorers fire information page. Here, you will find information about wildfires and fire restrictions in Arizona and across the US.
Know Before You Go!
Fire restrictions are temporarily put in place during the summer months, depending on dry conditions. Fire restrictions are broken down into stages. Each stage prohibits different acts while using public lands. These prohibitions will vary depending on each fire restriction and location. We put together the following map to help you observe all current fire restrictions. Arizona Fire Restrictions are always lifted after a good rain and usually don’t affect our access.
During the Arizona wildfire season, we will receive many natural and human-caused wildfires. Along with forest fires come closures. These closures allow wildland firefighters a chance to move equipment and complete their duties to contain the fire. Anywhere you see a fire, you can guarantee there is a closure.
The various datasets used for this map are maintained by the National Interagency Fire Center, NASA, and Arizona Fire and Forestry Management. We cannot guarantee the information found on this map is accurate or up to date. You are encouraged to confirm the information you find here.
News from Inciweb
- The McCash Fire was located on July 31, 2021 around 7:00 pm. The fire was burning in timber with an […]
- As of Sunday morning, the Windy Fire is approximately 97,554 acres (no increase from the Saturday morning estimate) and 88 percent […]
- On September 9, 2021, a significant lightning storm moved through the area. On September 10, two fires, the Colony Fire […]
- Daily Update | Public Information Map | Daily Operations Briefing Video | Daily Smoke Outlook | Facebook | Twitter |The Monument Fire is a lightning-caused fire that was first reported on […]
- The Alisal Fire started on October 11, 2021 at 2:10 pm near the Alisal Reservoir. Strong northwest winds pushed the […]
- Background:The Dixie Fire started on July 13, 2021. The fire is burning on the Plumas National Forest, Lassen National Forest, […]
- THREE PHASES OF WILDFIRE RECOVERY There are three phases of recovery following wildfires on federal lands: – Fire Suppression Repair […]
- Great Basin Incident Management Team 7 took command of the Caldor Fire on Tuesday, October 12. The fire was reported on […]
- The Trail Creek Fire started on July 8, 2021 approximately 20 miles West of Wisdom, Montana, as the result of lightning. The […]