You just stumbled upon a gold mine.
Here you will find our list of pre-planned adventures. Most of these routes are designed and completed by us. All routes are intact with historical destinations, scenic backroads, and campsites. We have also taken the time to include hospitals, auto parts stores, and fuel stops. In addition, we will also include a TIFF map for offline use with every download.
In addition to our routes, you will also find the Arizona Peace Trail, Great Western Trail, and the Arizona Backcountry Discovery Route.
Because of the Arizona backcountry’s natural conditions, it is nearly impossible to rate routes like these. Regardless of the rating, all routes share the same scenic and historical qualities. To give readers an idea of the difficulty, we will rate the level of experience and equipment required as follows…
These routes are generally friendly for beginners and solo adventures. Most likely won’t require any special equipment and suitable for stock 4WD vehicles.
These routes are typically friendly for lightly modified vehicles with minimal equipment. It may involve some technical driving, but nothing a slightly lifted 4×4 can’t handle.
These routes require superb driving skills and are typically multiple days. You will likely use your equipment and encounter technical obstacles. Trail maintenance may be required.
- Boulder Pass Trail | The alternative route to Crown KingBoulder Pass Trail is a highly demanding 4WD adventure trail that will take 2 to 3 days to complete.
- The Great Western Trail | Arizona RouteThe Arizona portion of The Great Western Trail. An 800 mile long 4×4 overland route across Arizona.
- Grand Canyon ExpeditionFind the best 4×4 trails and destinations at the Grand Canyon Parashant National Monument in Arizona.
- The ultimate source of offroad and 4×4 trails in ArizonaIf you haven’t seen the Arizona Backcountry Explorers Adventure Map, then you’re missing out! If you haven’t seen the Arizona Backcountry Explorers Adventure Map, then you’re missing out! This map will blow your mind and provide you with endless 4×4 adventure destinations. You can view it and download it right from our website.
- The Dirty Verde Expedition | Itinerary, map, and GPS track
- Vulture Mine Expedition | Itinerary, map, GPS tracksCome join us on a 2-day adventure to Vulture City near Wickenburg
- Parashant expedition two | A 4×4 journey to the heart of the Grand Canyon.The Grand Canyon is one of the largest canyons in the world. Most people will never get a chance to experience most of this natural wonder. To reach many of the canyons overlooks, you must have a highly modified 4×4, superb driving skills, days to spend, and a full tank of extra fuel. Don’t forget your camera, because you’re going to need it!
- Sierra Ancha Mountains Loop 4×4 trail | A two-day adventure to Young ArizonaA 4×4 adventure trail through the Sierra Ancha Mountains in Arizona Sierra Ancha Mountains Loop is a highly demanding 4×4 […]
- Sierra Ancha Mountains Loop – Cherry Creek Trip ReportA long-awaited trip to the Sierra Ancha Mountains I was thrilled by our members’ positive response about our most recent […]