Big Tech is silencing us!
We can no longer rely on Big Tech. They have repeatedly silenced us for telling the truth. Please consider subscribing to our email newsletter.
Please become an Arizona Backcountry Explorers Expeditionist
Your support will help us continue to challenge the radical environmental policy that is transforming Arizona and the Western United States. By becoming a member, you will help pay for advertising to reach more people, file FOIA requests to expose the truth, conduct vital research to set the record straight, maintain our backroads, and defend multiple uses.
Your contribution will gain you access to members-only content, including our collection of over 1,500 points of interest and 400 GPS tracks from every corner of the state. You will also get access to commentary from the editor, discount codes on our gear, access to our Expeditionist only forum, and any other perk we can throw your way.
Latest From AZBackroads.com
Defend motorized access
Please do your best to defend motorized access and get involved with policy issues. Be advocates for all multiple uses, including agriculture, mining, private property, and recreation.
Land Use & Policy
- AZ Trail Management Plan prohibits the inheritance of grazing rights
- 1,853 miles of backroads closed | Tonto NF
- Comments open for Apache Trail State Route 88
- Moab Utah | Environmental Group Sues to force Travel Management
- The Mount Graham Affair | The dispute over a small bible camp in Arizona
- A city ordinance just banned OHV events in Moab
- The Arizona Trail | The most significant threat to rural Arizona
- A twenty year prohibition on motorized access now lifted
Around The West
- ShareTrails | Restrictions and Closures Proposed in Manti-La Sal National Forest
- Another Court Rules Against Large-Scale Livestock Farms
- Why Does Best Friends Animal Society Own Two Planes?
- ShareTrails | Anti-Access Playbook – Major Closures Proposed for Labyrinth Rims and Gemini Bridges Travel Area
- RANGEfire! | Another western governor pushes to get grizzlies off endangered list
- RANGEfire! | The terrible financial and personal costs of wolf predation
- Environmental Activists Opposed to Improving Rice Nutrition
- Protect The Harvest’s August Friend of the Land
- RANGEfire! | Federal judge kills President Trump’s WOTUS reforms, clarifications
- Targeted Cattle Grazing Quickly Contains Wildfires in the Great Basin
- Animal Rights vs Hunters—Who Really Helps Animals?
- ‘Americans For Family Farmers’: A Wolf in Sheep’s Clothing
- ShareTrails | Help Stop Campsite Closures in Allegheny National Forest
- EATS Act Introduced to Block California Animal Confinement Rules
- RANGEfire! | Oregon court decision could be “death knell” for Taylor Grazing Act
- American Stewards | ASL Files Notice to Sue on Cave Bug Delisting
- American Stewards | EPA Back to Regulating Wet Meadows and Prairie Potholes
- American Stewards | New Mexico Governor Usher’s in “Half Earth” Agenda
- HSUS Execs Hit with New Lawsuit Tied to Sexual Harassment Scandal
- Nefarious Groups Are Getting Involved with Afghanistan Animal Rescue Efforts
- ShareTrails | Hatfield McCoy East Lynn Trail Public Comment
- RANGEfire! | “Food elitist” disinformation is leaving some Americans broke and malnourished
- RANGEfire! | Will local governments defend citizens against Biden’s weaponization of NEPA rules?
- Regulatory Hell: Farmer and Veteran Wins 10-Year Wetlands Fight with Government
- Six Ingredients that Take the Plant Out of “Plant-Based”
Please Join Us.
We built an online community just for you!
- Boulder Pass Trail | The alternative route to Crown King
- The Great Western Trail | Arizona Route
- Grand Canyon Expedition
- The ultimate source of offroad and 4×4 trails in Arizona
- The Dirty Verde Expedition | Itinerary, map, and GPS track
- Vulture Mine Expedition | Itinerary, map, GPS tracks
- Parashant expedition two | A 4×4 journey to the heart of the Grand Canyon.
- Sierra Ancha Mountains Loop 4×4 trail | A two-day adventure to Young Arizona